Monday, June 28, 2010

Housekeeping Stuff

In my first grade classroom, whenever I need to go over procedural stuff - which can make or break a classroom -  I call it housekeeping time. I thought I would do that now.

1. Comments: Thank you so much for your comments. I think I may have scared some of you into not making comments. I really welcome them and would love the dialogue. I am not offended or hurt by any comments that disagree with how I feel. I also don't mind if anyone tries to persuade me to feel differently. I even don't mind if you try to preach to me. Just remember that I ask you to be truly authentic and not give comments that are based on "tapes" that are in your head. I want to hear what you truly feel about your emotions about grief or anything else. I know that sometimes, our first reaction or response to something that someone says or writes is what we think we are supposed to say. I just want to hear what you really feel. Be authentic - can you tell that is one of my favorite words? If I don't agree, don't be offended. I love disagreeing with people. Of course I think I'm right, but I can occasionally change my mind.

2. How you're reading the blog: If you are reading this from another site such as Facebook or Carepages, that is fine. but I just don't have any way of knowing it. I would really appreciate it if you would register on this blog site. You sign in with your e-mail and you can use a different e-mail than you normally do - maybe register with yahoo or hotmail any other e-mail account.  If you don't want people to see your name as a follower, just establish a user name with a name people wouldn't recognize (your dog's name or some cartoon name). There are several people registered that I don't know who they are, but they are listed as a follower. I don't know why I want to know how many people are reading this. I really want to know who is, but you can prevent that. I guess I just want to know if anyone really cares. I am going to keep writing anyway, but it's nice to see others are reading this.

3. Suggestions? Anyone have any ideas of ways to improve this. I am going to try and post some pictures when I get home.Don't have any on this computer. Are the postings too long? I can't seem to make them shorter; however, I know it is unwieldy. I'll keep working on that.

4. I have thought about writing some funny and not-so-funny stories about life with Jacob. They would not necessarily go under the topic of grief, but perhaps that is part of the healing process.

That's all for now. Please feel free to give me any suggestions. Doesn't mean I'll follow them - remember, I love to disagree, but it doesn't mean I don't love and appreciate you.

2 comments:

  1. Hey karen,

    I was just catching up on reading your blog and really appreciated this posting. Im not usually someone comments much on blogs but I just wanted to say that it has been amazing reading your thoughts.

    I was watching Shrek last night (my favorite cartoon) I love it because of Shreks unpolished honesty of living his truth. His honesty of his feelings terrify most of his community members unnecessarily. Yes he is an ogre- yes he is big, strong and moody BUT he is not out to hurt anyone- he is just literally BRUTALLY honest. He is unapologetic for his corse way of being in the very polished (dare I say dry of emotional vitality or honesty) world of mainstream fairy tales. He is a (sometimes) tragic yet inspiring and deeply lovable character.

    Karen, your blog stirs a similar relief that comes with people acting their truths. Although your honesty can reach into socially scary or taboo grounds- There is a richness, a breath of the human experience many never in a lifetime get near to. You are sharing with us- It is a true gift to us all- Thank You, Love b

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I forgot to say that the reason I loved that post so much was because of your asking for honesty from your readers. addressing that sure- it might be scary to speak from the heart but thats the only place you are interested in hearing from!

    PPs Id love to hear more stories and memories of Jacob both the light and dark. I absolutely think that humorous and enduring stories of our loved ones are TOTALLY necessary in the grieving process. For those moments of deep paralyzing laughter are some of the times we celebrated being alive the most. thats all for now. xox

    ReplyDelete