Thursday, June 13, 2013

Here I am again, facing another anniversary of Jacob's death. I haven't written on this blog in quite awhile, because frankly, it is just too hard. Writing is not therapeutic for me. When I start writing, I am taken back to some very difficult days that are just too hard to revisit. Tomorrow, we will spend the day with friends who were very close to Jacob. Katie will be coming up to spend the weekend with us. The grief is still just as deep and never leaves me. There are so many memories that will never be made. There are times that I have to isolate myself from others who will have the chance to make these memories with their children. It is very hard, almost impossible, to attend bridal showers, weddings, and baby showers of others. This seems to be a trigger for me and I have learned it is best to avoid them. So, as I said before, writing is not therapeutic. As I write now, the tears are flowing and I know from experience, they won't stop for a long time. It is time to go for a walk in the mountains and listen to some music from "Wicked" and "Les Mis" and other Broadway musicals. I'll sing along and know that Jacob is singing with me. I love you son and as always, your life will always be a handprint on my heart. Mom

1 comment:

  1. Karen, my heart breaks for you and your family. My "head" knows that he is so happy and well. My "heart" wants you to have him back. My "head" knows that you were so blessed to have him for as long as you did. My "heart" wishes you could have had him longer. In the ideal world parents are supposed to die before their children. We know this is not a perfect world. There are no words that will make this easier for you, but I want you to know that I hurt with you when I think about you losing your son so young, and it makes me even more appreciative of Robert and Michael, knowing that life is fragile, and I may not have them until I die! God's blessing and comfort are wished for you, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete